Friday 4 May 2018




Friendly Universe

I was taught that the world is hard
From infancy they fed me the lies
It was as if they walked with a card
that must be placed in front of my skies

I knew something deep inside
that this world is also a kind place
My new eyes saw life from the inside
The truth of reality bathed me in grace

All of humanity bends to fear
It is a dementor and I have felt its pain
as it touches my skin like a tear
My soul knows what the mind can't gain

I chose to steady my gaze on the wisdom
of the celestial ages, the only one that holds
me together with the courage of the winsome

I am taken care of
by the infinite organising power of the Universe
I simply step off
the grind because I do not live in a curse

Now as a man, I remember this
reality that declares my freedom
I am constantly guided with a cosmic kiss
and I am boldly empowered to create from within my kingdom

©zari alexxanderr-caine 2018
#blackpoetboy

No comments:

Post a Comment