Friday 8 June 2018




Prosperity Calls

I left my space to travel far
The sights I encountered were riddled with the dark
My strength faded when I saw the door and
The mind twisted like steel in the furnace's spark

I think that my joy is hiding far away
I surmise that I must go and meet it
And so, with just my fear I saw it all at play
Bitterness slapped me hard where I did not sit

The vista looked inviting until night fall
I realised my soul when the mind failed
I had left home thinking there was a high wall
Only to discover that my false boat had sailed

Deep inside me I knew a voice
so sharp, sweet and mine
It is the Universe reminding me of my ultimate choice
That was when I stepped over the fake line

The sound of beautiful music beckon to me
Decisively, I ran beneath the cascading falls
My guide takes me by the hand to who I am to be
And then, I can't forget the feeling of when prosperity calls

©zari alexxanderr-caine 2018
#blackpoetboy

No comments:

Post a Comment