Monday 2 July 2018



Skin of My Soul

Breathing is a constant reminder
of the miracle of being alive
It is a magical play of inhale and exhale
This totally automatic sequence is restorative

Everything breathes on this orb of green and blue
Paying attention to the breath is a gift
Troubles come as part of the human play
All the roles, emotions, traumas and we inhabit

My heart walks me to recall
the meaning of my being here presently
I am a block of stone with a complete gesture of me inside
The Universe's chisel sculpts away what does not belong

What moves through me is not who I am
These experiences through serve me in ways of becoming
Letting go of what I am not rings sublime and true
As I breathe and accept the stillness that emerges;
this is the skin of my soul

©zari alexxanderr-caine 2018
#blackpoetboy

No comments:

Post a Comment