Thursday 29 March 2018









ALL THE STARS ARE CLOSER

They said that I was full and lightless
They spoke words sharp like daggers
I heard the feelings of a night soiled
With the warped plunge of white lies

The picture of my frame was manipulated
With caricatures of gnarled thoughts
That said I was ugly and defaced
They used weapons of insidious agendas

My throne was stolen and razed in flames
My sky was choked with plumes of thick smoke
The originality of my presence is systematically eroded
I was rotated on islands that belong to another

And so, the night sky called my name
The sun blazed its gold upon my crown
The black panthers guide and flank me
I can see all the stars are closer

The diamonds I see in the distance
Are alive for they are not stones
They are the eyes of the black panther
As they walk with the king

© zari alexxanderr-caine 2018
#OurBlaqStories

Photo Credit: Taken from 'Black Panther the Album by Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd & SZS

2 comments:

  1. Awe the Black Panther...a vivid representation of our truth. What truth you say? Kingship....the truth of our ancestral order. The measure of our untold depth. The sweet perplexity of our state of existence.

    Somewhere, we took our eyes off of our core and essentially forfeited our throne. No one can take from us that which we give away. And they it may appear that such was taken, truth is it never was.

    Why not? Because the spiritual DNA cannot be overthrown by the external emperors of this world. We believed that our nakedness was sin and as a result, we became the external slave by buying into the lie.

    The day of reckoning is the day in which we awake. In that day, we find ourselves remembering, powerfully who we are....and the end result is that organic expression of ourselves manifests again, brilliantly, potently and assumes it’s never-ending reality.

    ReplyDelete