Sunday 8 April 2018





This is the poem of which I gave context about yesterday. I am accepting who I am now and basking in the freedom of it. When games lose the lustre and the purpose, of which is contrived, we have the choice to return to Self or sequester ourselves on the shelf of playing the waiting game. In this, I am done. I wasn't aware that I was jaded until a series of little things came to remind me of how 'done' I am with it all. It pays to listen to the little bells that ring in unlikely ways. So here is the culmination of a realised choice. I place it here so that you too may make it your own, when you choose.


HAVE PLAYED ENOUGH

I charmed my way into places
that others failed to gain
My powers were honed in learning
the words to choose and entice

The stage I built was simple
backdropped with elaborate scenes
The best of others fell like apples
as l scooped up what I wanted

Alas, I lived with the anxieties
these apples caused me later
Shiny things can only sparkle until they rust
I got lost in the labyrinth others crafted

Life wasted is a shame to the charmer
Dancing to the music others play
makes the movements contrived
The truth is that my soul didn't care for it

So, I felt the feeling of my true Self
and listened to me reading my lines
I left the play of smoke and mirrors
Finally declaring freely,
"I have played enough!"

©zari alexxanderr-caine 2018
#blackpoetboy

No comments:

Post a Comment